For the comparison's sake, I decided to put a slight spin on things and watch CNN and FOX side-by-side on the computer where I could take notes at my leisure, pause, replay, etc. without any commercials. Thanks to youtube, here are some of the comments that the two stations offered on the First 100 Days.
FOX
-100 Days is an artificial deadline
-Obama- big spending liberal
-Critical of previous administration for adding 2.9 trillion to deficit over 8 years
-Obama- up to being commander-in-chief
-Obama - "Would scrub the budget line by line"
CNN
-100 Days is just a hallmark
-Budget is doing very well
-Financial regulation - not doing so well - continuation of Bush policy of deregulation
-Afghanistan- no "grade"
Admittedly, this comparison is not the best, given that I have not created perfect matches on each point of the 100 day period. However, it should be clear that, other than agreement on the fact that the First 100 Days are really just part of a fabricated concept, the two stations tend to disagree on most counts, due to their political views.
Sunday, May 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment