Sunday, May 03, 2009

11:00 News for Saturday

Last night I realized that I had time, finally, to watch the 11:00 news. Deciding one station would be as good as the next, I flipped to ABC. I did not watch the entire segment, as the commercials were too long and distracting, and, as a result, I ultimately wound up changing channels during commercials. During the first twenty minutes of the news, some of the following topics were covered:

-Jack Kemp, Bob Dole's VP running mate from 1988, died at age 73

-About 7 (?) schools in Deer Park, Long Island will be closed for around a week, as a result of (suspected) Swine Flu cases

-An ATM scam in Staten Island, which went unnoticed until the two scam artists attempted to cash in $53000

-The Dallas Cowboys received a rude awakening when the canopy of their indoor training camp collapsed in a violent storm - winds allegedly raging at 64 mph

-A Tribeca, NY, family with a host of medical problems - one parent has heart issues, the other has lymphoma, and the child age 8 (?) was recently diagnosed with leukemia - the parents are now hosting a bone marrow drive to find a suitable donor for the child's surgery

-NJ Lotto results

After the Lotto results, I stopped watching. This was partly a result of the annoyingly long commercials - as mentioned earlier - as well as the non-political, virtually useless, information being presented. While the information is by all means interesting, it is in no way useful or political or, in many regards, "news" worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment